STAT_KISS JSM 2018 in Vancouver, BC, Canada
If this message is difficult to read, see the attached pdf.
Dear KISS members,
I’m the Program Chair for KISS at JSM 2018, which is in Vancouver, BC, Canada from July 28 – August 2, 2018.
I am writing to encourage you to organize a KISS-sponsored invited paper session. The theme of JSM 2018 is ““#LeadWithStatistics”, so if your session ties into that them, well and good, but obviously it is not necessary.
If you choose to organize a session, you can find more information here: https://ww2.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2018/invitedsessions/index.cfm
Invited sessions are 110 minutes in length and typically have 3 speakers and a discussant, or 4 speakers. Please make sure that there is at least one KISS member in your session.
The deadline for invited session proposals is September 6. If you are interested, please let me know (jyahn) by August 13, what you think your topic will be and the names of possible speakers. Please also be aware that there is a restriction at JSM on participation. (See below)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me (706-542-3433, or email). I’ll be happy to help with putting together a session proposal or inviting speakers.
Department of Statistics
University of Georgia
Each participant may do up to one (1) activity from each of categories A-I:
- Deliver a main presentation (one of the following):
- Present an invited paper
- Serve on an invited panel
- Present a contributed or topic-contributed paper
- Present a contributed or topic-contributed poster
- Present in a speed session
- Serve as a discussant, panelist, or other presenter in a topic-contributed session
- Chair a session
- Present an invited poster
- Present an introductory overview lecture
- Teach a short course or workshop for the Professional Development program
- Lead a roundtable (coffee or lunch) or speak at a speaker luncheon
- Present in a first-time invited memorial session (first time a memorial session has been submitted and designated for a particular deceased person)
- Present in a late-breaking session
- Serve as a discussant in an invited session