The Korean International Statistical Society (KISS) is a non-profit corporation that is organized and operated for educational, charitable, and scientific purposes only. Its observes are:
- to promote the theory and applications of statistical disciplines through scholarly activities, including publication of journals in statistics and probability, scientific meetings, and other educational programs
- to broaden applications of statistical techniques in all areas of society, including industry and government
- to promote better understanding and interest by the general public in statistical methodology and related applications
- to promote better communication through the development of standards and common terminology
- to foster cooperative efforts among educational, research, industrial, and governmental personnel in statistical activities,
- to cooperate with Korean and other international organizations in the advancement of statistics.
The objectives are pursued without regard to race, creed, color, sex or nationality.